Taco flavored ground turkey stuffed peppers by @katieparsons
- Bell Peppers (Red for a sweeter flavor)
- Ground turkey (or lean ground beef)
- Diced onions
- Canned Corn
- Canned black beans
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Chili powder, Cayenne pepper or low-sodium taco seasoning
- Cook 1lb of ground turkey on the stove top, mix with 1 diced onion and add 1 can of black beans and one can of corn.
- Season with regular taco seasoning/chili powder.
- Cut your bell peppers in half (or cut a hole in the top)
- Bake peppers in the oven for about 10 mins until they get crispy.
- Fill with your ground turkey mix.
How to customize:
Like most recipes, there is the healthy and not so healthy version of stuffed peppers. Need the carbs in your diet? Add white or brown rice, or quinoa. Want to eat like the Italians? Add tomato sauce to the mix. Cheese lovers can top peppers with cheddar or feta. Try them all and prep what works best for you! Enjoy!
More on MealPrepSociety.com: